Sandge is famous Maharashtra vegetarian recipe. Which also needs good amount efforts. Summer time is great time to make this recipe. Which can be useful for rainy season. But there is no as such restriction when you can make it other than having enough sun light to dry. Ladies from Maharashtra make different kinds of summer recipes like papad, kuravdi, potato chips, shabudana chakali, shevai and sandage. I am starting with Sandge and will cover remaining recipes step by step.
From my childhood, i grownup seeing these kinds of recipes being prepared by my mother and aunts with all interesting chit chats. I loved to watch this recipe. But I mostly end up giving little helping hand and more stealing them to eat.
Step-by-step instructions with pictures immediately follow recipe
- • 1 cup of urad dal,
- • 9-10 Garlic cloves,
- • 2-3 tbsp of Coriander,
- • 1 tbsp of cumin seeds,
- • 1/2 tbsp of turmeric powder,
- • 1 tbsp red chilly powder
- • Salt to taste,
- • Oil.
- First grind 1 cup of urad dal in mixer and make paste we didn't want fine paste for making sandga.
- Take 9-10 Garlic cloves add 2-3 tbsp of Coriander and 1 tbsp of cumin seeds make fine paste in mixer.
- Now take 1cup of roughly grinned urad dal add garlic-coriander-cumin seeds paste.
- Then add 1 tbsp of red chilly powder, 1/2 tbsp of turmeric powder and salt to taste,
- Mix all things together add water as require make dough.
- Grease plate with cooking oil and start to make small pieces on plate, keep water handy.
- Let dry them under sunlight for 6-7hrs.
- Store it in air tight container.
- Our Sandga is ready, you can make curry or sukha sandga.
If dough become hard add some water in that.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS WITH PICTURES-
For making sandage we need all these ingredient which help us make sandge.
Take 1 cup of urad dal. Grind it in mixer grinder its easy way to grind urad dal. We need roughly grinned urad dal powder ….
Now we make garlic-cumin seeds-coriander leaves paste. For that take 9-10 Garlic cloves add 2-3 tbsp of Coriander leaves and 1 tbsp of cumin seeds make fine paste. If need add little bit of water, we will use this for making dough.
Next step, take mixing bowl and add grinned urad dal flour in that add garlic-coriander leaves-cumin seeds paste…..
Then add 1 tbsp of red chilly powder if you want more spicy you can add more but 1 tbsp is sufficient, add 1/2 tbsp of turmeric powder and salt to taste. Mix all things together and start to make dough. Add water in small small amount as require and make dough.
Dough is looking like this. Cover dough with lead or plastic paper other wise it start to become hard, If it start to become hard add water and mix properly.
Grease plate with cooking oil so it can be avoid sticking . Take one small ball from the dough and start to make small pieces, keep water handy.
Let dry them under sunlight for 6-7 hours and store it in air tight container.
Sandge are ready,with this you can make curry or dry sabji . I will share that recipe in few days.
You can subscribe my YouTube channel for Sandge recipe