I am satarkar and today we learn famous recipe from satara which is Kandi pedhe. Kandi pedha is round, smooth texture authentic Maharashtraian sweet which is from Satara in western Maharashtra. This is most simple recipe you ever see for making Satara kandi pedhe. All Satarkar and even in Maharashtra Kandhi pedhe are distributed almost on all happy occasions.
You can also make kandi pedha with only milk but it take 2 to 3 hours so today I share this recipe which take 50 minutes.
Indian festivals are not only an extension of beliefs in holy legends and ceremonial rituals but also of undying faith, hope, emotions and of course a melange of good food. Raksha Bandhan is one of the most widely celebrated festivals in the country. It’s about about celebrating together the hot and sour, bitter-sweet relationship between a brother and his sister.
According to legend, this auspicious day symbolizes the deep love and affection that sisters have for their brothers and in turn, the brother pledges to protect her against all odds and adversities in life.
So on this occasion I decide to make this sweet for my brothers.
Step-by-step instructions with pictures immediately follow recipe.
you can use condense milk instead of evaporated milk. condense milk is sweet so need of sugar.
- • 2 cups of milk powder or mava powder
- • 1 can of unsweetened evaporated milk
- • 3/4 cup of sugar
- • 4 tbsp ghee
- Take mixing bowl and pour unsweetened evaporated milk
- Add 2 cups of milk powder
- And 3/4 cup of sugar mix all things together
- Heat up 2 tbsp of ghee in kadhai on medium heat .
- Pour mixture of evaporated milk and milk powder
- Keep stirring continuously. After 40 minutes, you can see mixture start to become thick .
- Cook till it become almost half of its quantity.
- It takes 5 more minutes. Now turn of gas and let mixture cool down completely.
- Apply ghee on Palm and make small balls of pedha.
- Kandi Pedhe is ready.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS WITH PICTURES
ingredients for kandi pedhe are milk powder or mava powder, unsweetened evaporated milk, sugar and ghee
Take mixing bowl and pour unsweetened evaporated milk which is 354ml and add 2 cups of milk powder….
3/4 cup of sugar, mix all ingredients together……
Heat up 2 tbsp of ghee in kadhai on medium heat and pour mixture in kadhai……
Keep stirring continuously. After 40 minutes, you can see mixture start to become thick. Cook till it become almost half of its quantity. It take 5 more minutes.
Now turn of gas and let mixture cool down completely. Apply ghee on Palm and make small balls of pedha.
Kandi Pedhe is ready.
Please subscribe my channel for kandi pedhe recipe