Kaju katli or kaju barfi is most delicious and popular recipe in India. Here I share very easy recipe to cook kaju katli. We learn step by step how to make kaju katli or kaju barfi. This recipe make with cashew powder, sugar, milk or mava powder and some warm milk.
Enjoy this diwali by preparing this easy and delicious sweet made with cashew nuts. It is a very simple recipe and can be prepared in few minutes. I make this sweet recipe in every diwali.
Step-by-step instructions with pictures immediately follow recipe.
- • 2 cup of cashew nuts
- • 1 cup of powdered sugar
- • ½ cup mava or milk powder
- • 1 tbsp warm milk
- Take 2 cups of cashew nuts or kaju grind it in grinder
- Now sieve cashew nut or kaju powder
- Sieve powdered sugar or you can buy from grocery stores.
- Take cashew powder in one plate add 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1/2 cup of milk powder
- Mix all thing together very well
- Now heat up 1 tbsp ghee in kadhai on low heat
- When ghee melt add all mixture and just warm it for 2 minutes
- You can also use microwave instead of heating on kadai just microwave all mixture including 1tbsp ghee for 2 minutes
- Now remove kaju katli mixture in mixing bowl.
- Add just 1 tbsp warm milk and start to make dough don't overdo while adding milk. I used 2 tbsp of milk while making dough
- Now make soft dough until oil start to release
- Grease rolling board and roller with ghee
- Place kaju katli dough on rolling board and roll it like chapati
- Now cut it in diamond shape
- Kaju katli is ready
do not add more milk, do not roast powder just warm it you can also use microwave it take 2 minuts for warm mixture
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS WITH PICTURES
Ingredients for making kaju katli or kaju barfi we need 2 cup of cashew which easily break, 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 cup milk or mava powder and 2 tbsp warm milk.
Firstly take 2 cups of cashew nuts or kaju and grind it in grinder
Now sieve cashew nut powder or kaju powder or cashew powder.
Take cashew powder in one plate add 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1/2 cup of milk powder and mix all thing together very well.
Heat up 1 tbsp ghee in kadhai on low heat and add 1 tbsp of ghee
When ghee melt completely, add kaju katli powdered mixture and warm it for 2 minutes, which help to reduce raw smell from cashew. Remove kaju katli powdered mixture in mixing bowl.
You can also use microwave instead of heating on kadai just microwave all mixture including 1 tbsp ghee for 2 minutes
Add just 1 tbsp warm milk and start to make dough don’t overdo while adding milk. I used 2 tbsp of milk while making dough
Now make soft dough
Grease rolling board and roller with ghee. Place kaju katli dough on rolling board and roll it like chapati. if it sticking on rolling board you can keep plastic sheet on rolling board grease it with ghee and roll it
Now cut it in diamond shape
finally our Kaju katli is ready. Store it in refrigerator