Spinach rice is easy and healthy recipe. Spinach rice one of my kids favorite recipe. Usually my kid hates to eat spinach but with this recipe he eat spinach and he doesn’t know it. I use pressure cooker for cooking rice, so it decrease cooking time. For preparation of spinach rice, it takes little bit time which includes washing Spinach, shredding carrot, cut paneer in cubes, soaking rice. It contains lots of iron and calcium. So let us see how i make spinach rice with lots of spinach, carrot, paneer, rice and some spices.
Step-by-step instructions with pictures For Spinach rice immediately follow recipe
- • 1 and ½ cup of Rice
- • 1 and ½ cup of chopped Spinach/Palak
- • ½ cup of shredded Carrot
- • 10 cubs of Paneer
- • ½ cup of Onion
- • 1 tbsp of Ginger-Garlic paste
- • 2 Bay leaves
- • ½ tbsp of Cumin seeds
- • 1 tbsp red chili powder
- • ½ tbsp Biryani Masala
- • ½ tbsp Coriander Powder
- • 2 tbsp oil and 1/2 tbsp Ghee
- • ½ lemon
- • salt to taste
- Wash 1 and 1/2 cup of rice remove all water and keep it aside for 20 min. here I use Sona Masuri rice.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of oil and 1/2 tbsp of ghee in pressure cooker and add 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds.
- Once cumin seeds sputter add 2 bay leaves in that.
- Now add 1/2 cup sliced onion let it cook for 2 min. and add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste sauté.
- After that add 1 and 1/2 cup of finally chopped spinach sauté it until spinach cooked.
- Then add 1/2 cup of shredded carrots and Add paneer cubes stir all together for 2 min.
- Now add spices first add 1 tbsp of red chili powder then 1/2 tbsp of coriander powder and 1/2 tbsp of biryani masala stir it for 2 min,
- Add soaked rice stir again squeeze lemon and add 1 and 1/2 cup of water if you didn't soak rice for 20 min then add more water add salt to taste
- Cook it until 2 whistles our Spinach Rice or Palak bhaat is ready to eat
lemon and ghee help to become rice fluffy.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS WITH PICTURES
For making this rice we need spinach, carrot-shred carrot , rice, paneer, bay leaves, coriander powder, onion, cumin seeds, red chili powder, biryani masala, ginger-garlic paste, oil, ghee, salt, lemon.
First wash 1 and 1/2 cup of rice. Remove all water and keep it aside for 20 minutes. I use Sona Masuri type of rice……
I use pressure cooker for cooking spinach rice. It is easy way to make any kind of rice. Heat up 2 tbsp of oil and 1/2 tbsp of ghee in pressure cooker. Add 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds.
Once cumin seeds sputter add 2 bay leaves in that………
Now add 1/2 cup sliced onion and let it cook for 2 minutes until it turns pink. Then add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste Sauté…….
After that add 1 and 1/2 cup of finally chopped spinach sauté it until spinach cooked. When spinach cooked it decrease in size.
Then add 1/2 cup of shredded carrots………
Add paneer cubes. Stir all together for 2 minutes…..
Now add spices. First add 1 tbsp of red chili powder. Then 1/2 tbsp of coriander powder and 1/2 tbsp of biryani masala. Stir it for 2 minutes.
Add soaked rice stir again……..
Add 1 and 1/2 cup of water.If you didn’t soak rice for 20 min then add more water add salt to taste………
Pressure cook it until 2 whistles
our Spinach Rice or Palak bhaa is ready to eat