Chicken and Mutton Soup are most recommended food for improving immunity and also fast relieving cure for many illnesses. Kids love chicken soup and it is also very healthy so moms also prefer it with no more thinking or cautions. Recipe for chicken soup and mutton recipe are almost similar. So i am trying to put it together. Once can add more flavors to it depending on what you or your kid likes it in more. Only one thing you should know about this recipe is chicken take less time than mutton for cooking. In Maharashtra this recipe known as alani rassa. Which is serve with sukha mutton, mutton rassa, bhakari and rice.
Step-by-step instructions with pictures For Spinach rice immediately follow recipe.
- • ½ kg mutton or chicken
- • 1 cup chopped onion
- • 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- • ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- • ½ tbsp cumin seeds
- • Oil
- • Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan or kadai on medium heat.
- Add 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds.
- After sputtering cumin seed, add 1 cup chopped onion cook until soften bit.
- Add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste,1/2 tbsp of turmeric powder,mutton and salt to taste.
- Slow down heat, and then cover it with plate pour water in plate.
- When water start to show boil add water in mutton or chicken repeat it twice or thrice.
- Stir mutton or chicken in between to avoid sticking in bottom.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes mutton take more time.
- Your chicken soup is ready. Serve it hot with bread crumbs.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS WITH PICTURES
First of all for cooking mutton soup we need mutton or chicken, chopped onion, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, oil, salt taste.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan or kadai, add 1/2 tbsp of cumin seeds. Let them sputter, then add 1 cup chopped onion cook until soften bit…..
Add 1/2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste saute nicely. Then add 1/2 of turmeric powder stir it. Finally add 1/2 kg mutton, mix it well until dry all water from mutton or chicken, and add salt to taste, stir it again……
Mix it well until dry all water and then cover it with plate pour water in covered plate, when water start to showing small boils then add that hot water in mutton or chicken. Again pour that plate with water let it boil and add boiled water in mutton repeat it twice…………
Stir mutton or chicken in between to avoid sticking in bottom. And let it cook for 10 minutes. Mutton take more time than chicken. Your mutton or chicken soup is ready serve it hot with bread crumbs……