Besan is very readily available on most of Maharashtra restaurants. It is also very easy recipe to cook.
1)1 Cup chickpea flour/ besan flour
2)1/2 tbsp asafetida (Hing)
3)1/2 tbsp mustered seeds
4)7-8 garlic cloves , 2-3 green chilly ,2 tbsp dry coconut and cumin seeds combine together and make pest.if possible make it in mortar and pestle.
6)Half onion if onion is small in size then use one,
8)Salt to test
9)2 Cups of boil water.
1) Heat oil in kadai or in pan add 1/2 tablespoon mustered seed and asafetida
for tempering and then add onion .
2) Meanwhile boil 2 cups of water.
3) When onion change its color to pink add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder mix well.
4) Add mixture of cumin seeds,dry coconut,garlic cloves and green chillies stir it until golden color appear.
5) Add besan or chickpea flour in that stir for 6-7 min break all lumps and add salt .
6) When besan starts to Chang it’s color add boil water.
7) After this you must quick stir continuously for 7-8 min and after that slow down the heat and cover lid for 2 mins .
8) Your pithal or besan curry is ready garnish it with coriander and coconut.
Serve with garma garam bhakri or chapati.